CA Cold Room
Product description: Controlled Atmosphere (CA) storage is used to extend the storage life of seasonal perishable produce when refrigeration alone is not sufficient. This technique can be used for many fruits and vegetables and, historically, has been the principle storage method for the world’...
Controlled Atmosphere (CA) storage is used to extend the storage life of seasonal perishable produce when refrigeration alone is not sufficient. This technique can be used for many fruits and vegetables and, historically, has been the principle storage method for the world’ s apple crop.
Every horticulture produce breathes, consuming oxygen, not only during growing period, but also after harvesting. The main products of respiration are heat and carbon dioxide, apart from smaller quantities of some organic compounds. The higher the respiratory activity, the higher is the ageing and, therefore, lower or reduced storability.
For a long time refrigeration was the only method used in storage of produce until it was discovered that if oxygen level was reduced, the fruit metabolism or breathing was reduced. This discovery resulted in development of CA or“controlled atmosphere” technology in the 1950’ s
CA storage is a completely natural process that changes the ratio of the constituent gases in the normal atmosphere in such a way that the respiration activity of the produce being stored is reduced to a minimum. The resultant reduction of metabolism in turn reduces production of ethylene Thus enhancing the shelf life of the produce. Retention of ‘freshness’ results in preservation of vitamins and nutrients.
Each type of horticulture produce requires different conditions. Apart from type of produce, the conditions also depend on factors such as climates, weather, soil conditions, growing conditions and time of picking.
A CA store is constructed to be gas tight, so it can retain the low oxygen atmosphere needed for the long term storage of many fruits. Ethylene scrubbers are also used to keep ethylene concentration at a low level.
Controlled atmosphere facilities store food products in rooms that have tightly controlled conditions.
The temperature, humidity, and background gas of controlled atmosphere rooms may all be maintained at conditions that do not naturally occur in the ambient environment. This slows down the final ripening process of fruit that is physiologically mature but not completely ripe.
For example, the Crispin (Mutsu) variety of apples can be stored in his state for 6-8 months in an atmosphere of 2.5% O2, 2.5 % CO2, balance N2, at 0°C.
Failure to maintain the optimum storage conditions can lead to spoiling of the fruit or storage disorders such as poor flavor development, water loss, low sugar content, high acidity, etc.
Other food production applications may also require specific atmospheres to produce or store their products.
Various Nova analyzers are well-suited for monitoring controlled storage rooms. Depending on the requirements of the facility, a simple portable spot-check analyzer, or an automated multi-point system may be used.
Some controlled atmosphere applications only require spot-check style measurements instead of permanent-continuous measurement. Several Nova products from the 300 Series Portable Gas Analyzers can be used to verify the content of a specific storage room.
• Pre-engineered structure
• Pre-fabricated PU panels for walls, Ceilings, and floors
• Humidifiers for germination rooms
• Refrigerant based de-humidifiers for prolonged storage
• Covings, lighting, and clean air management with day/night light controls for tissue culture labs
• Suitable racking arrangements based on applications
• Energy cum cost-optimized systems
• Digital control PLC based data mining
CA SYSTEM ADVANTAGE
1. The CA system cold room belong to high-temperature cold room, and the food will kept fresh will not freeze,the original and flavor of the food will remain unchanged, and nutrition won't be lost
2. Under the same preservation quality and temperature conditions, the fresh-keeping time of the air-conditioned storehouse is 3 to 5 times that of the cold store,which is unmatched by the cold store.
3. Because the operating temperature of the controlled atmosphere is 0~8°C, which is 18~33°C higher than that of the ordinary cold storage, the power consumption of the modified atmosphere is much smaller than that of the ordinary cold storage in the same preservation time;
4. The use of an inert gas-separating atmosphere in the air-conditioning library can effectively inhibit the respiration of food cells and then mature, which not only prolongs the preservation time, but also prolongs the shelf life after food is released, making it possible for foods to be sold for a long time after being released from the warehouse. ;
5. The use of CO2 gas in the modified atmosphere store to participate in the gas conditioning not only can effectively inhibit the formation and action of C2H4 and other ripening components, but also has the side effects of sterilization, antibacterial, and elimination of pesticides;
6. Due to the use of a humidifying system for the air-conditioning, not only can the moisture of the food itself not be lost, but also the color and texture of the food will not be changed. This will not only reduce the storage loss of the food but also preserve the original quality of the food.
7. The use of PLC program for automatic control of the air-conditioned warehouse makes it safe and reliable, and has high production efficiency.